Mar, 17 febrero, 2026
-0.4 C
Washington

Ruling says Flores lawsuit vs. NFL can go to court

play

Ruling says Flores lawsuit vs. NFL can go to court (0:47)

Ruling says Flores lawsuit vs. NFL can go to court (0:47)

Feb 13, 2026, 01:57 PM ET

A U.S. district court ruled Friday that Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Brian Flores’ ongoing discrimination case against the NFL can proceed in open court.

Last year, attorneys for Flores, along with fellow coaches Steve Wilks and Ray Horton, asked for reconsideration of a court order that shifted some of their lawsuit against the NFL and multiple teams to the league’s arbitration process.

They had argued that the 2023 order should be reconsidered based on an August 2025 ruling that found insurmountable flaws in the league’s arbitration process.

The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York’s decision Friday means all claims can be handled at trial.

«The court’s decision recognizes that an arbitration forum in which the defendant’s own chief executive gets to decide the case would strip employees of their rights under the law,» the coaches’ attorneys, Douglas H. Wigdor and David E. Gottlieb, said in a statement. «It is long overdue for the NFL to recognize this and finally provide a fair, neutral and transparent forum for these issues to be addressed.»

Flores sued the NFL and three teams — the Denver Broncos, New York Giants and Houston Texans — in January 2022 after he had been fired by the Miami Dolphins as their head coach and was in the process of interviewing for other jobs. His original claim accused the league of being «rife with racism,» particularly in its hiring and promotion of Black coaches.

Wilks’ claims are against the Arizona Cardinals and Horton’s against the Tennessee Titans.

Information from ESPN’s Kevin Seifert was used in this report.

Redacción

Fuente: Leer artículo original

Desde Vive multimedio digital de comunicación y webs de ciudades claves de Argentina y el mundo; difundimos y potenciamos autores y otros medios indistintos de comunicación. Asimismo generamos nuestras propias creaciones e investigaciones periodísticas para el servicio de los lectores.

Sugerimos leer la fuente y ampliar con el link de arriba para acceder al origen de la nota.

 

Por día se diagnostican más de 3 casos de cáncer en menores de 15 años y los pediatras piden medidas para mejorar el acceso

El cáncer infantil es más frecuente de lo que se cree. Según informó la Sociedad Argentina de Pediatría (SAP),...

Tras el diluvio en la Ciudad y el GBA, cómo sigue el tiempo este fin de semana largo de Carnaval

Las lluvias volvieron a caer en la Ciudad y el Gran Buenos Aires en plena madrugada, poniéndole un tono...

La odisea de dolor de una nena de 6 años: durante un año le dijeron que tenía epilepsia y era cáncer

“Mirá, yo me voy a Buenos Aires, pero no voy a pasear. Voy a curarme, no me voy a...
- Advertisement -spot_img

DEJA UNA RESPUESTA

Por favor ingrese su comentario!
Por favor ingrese su nombre aquí