3 found dead in murder-suicide at Indiana home

Investigators do not believe there are any suspects at large.

Three people were found dead in a murder-suicide after the shooter expressed suicidal thoughts to a family member, according to authorities.

Harrison County deputies responded to a welfare check on Wednesday at a residence in southern Indiana after a Mississippi man reported that his brother expressed suicidal thoughts to him in a phone call earlier in the day, according to the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department.

Deputies found a dead man on the front porch, identified as 36-year-old Brett Dixon, the sheriff’s department said.

Inside the residence, two additional people were found dead, Melissa Cochran Dixon, 54, and Paul Dixon, 61, according to the sheriff’s office.

Stock photo of police line tape.

AdobeStock

Brett Dixon was shot twice — in the chest and head — Melissa Cochran Dixon suffered a single gunshot wound to the head and Paul Dixon sustained a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, according to the sheriff’s office.

Popular Reads

The sheriff’s office said it believes Paul Dixon is responsible for the shootings and said there is no threat to the community and no suspect at large.

«This incident is a tragic loss, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family, extended family, and friends of those involved,» the sheriff’s office said in a statement.

Sponsored Content by Taboola

Drafting

Fountain: Read original article

Desde Vive multimedio digital de comunicación y webs de ciudades claves de Argentina y el mundo; difundimos y potenciamos autores y otros medios indistintos de comunicación. Asimismo generamos nuestras propias creaciones e investigaciones periodísticas para el servicio de los lectores.

Sugerimos leer la fuente y ampliar con el link de arriba para acceder al origen de la nota.

 

Incidentes tras el escándalo de los certificados truchos en una clínica de La Matanza: «No supieron leer el electro»

Paola Gorosito es la mujer de Damián Navarro, el hombre que este miércoles protagonizó una pelea con trabajadores de...

Nación dice que «814 niños» esperan prótesis bonaerenses para poder ser operados en el Garrahan

El Ministerio de Salud denunció demoras acumuladas desde 2022 en la entrega de prótesis para más de 800 pacientes...

El cuadro robado por los nazis podría exhibirse al público en Buenos Aires

Durante 80 años estuvo oculto. Hasta que apareció colgado en una pared de un chalet en venta en Mar...
- Advertisement -spot_img

DEJA UNA RESPUESTA

Por favor ingrese su comentario!
Por favor ingrese su nombre aquí